This holiday season, drink your fruits and veggies with these tasty, alcohol-free beverages
Who says you need champagne to throw a party? For festive fun without the hangover, serve up one of these healthy, tasty beverages at your holiday gathering. Bonus: Each includes at least one serving of fruit or veggies (or both!), so you can feel free to indulge.
Mulled Grape Juice
There’s nothing like the smell of mulled wine to get the holiday season in motion. This non-alcoholic version is a warm and cozy drink the whole family can enjoy.
4 cups red or purple grape juice
1 cinnamon stick
1 star anise
3 one-centimeter slices of fresh ginger
1 orange, sliced
3 slices of lemon
1/2 cup fresh cranberries
1 teaspoon maple syrup
• Place all ingredients into a medium saucepan and heat just until the mixture begins to boil.
• Turn off the heat and let liquid infuse
for 30 minutes.
• Ladle into mugs and enjoy. (Makes approximately 6 glasses.)
• If making for later, strain liquid to remove fruits and spices. The flavor will continue to intensify naturally. Keeps for up to five days in the refrigerator; reheat before serving.
Carrot Citrus Mimosa
Ideal for brunch, this sparkling beverage combines fresh carrot juice with citrus flavors to brighten up any morning.
6 whole carrots, peeled
4 oranges, peeled
1 whole grapefruit, peeled
1 Fuji or Gala apple, peeled
1/2 cup unflavored seltzer
Orange wedge for garnish
• Juice each fruit and vegetable separately first, then blend together with seltzer until smooth.
• Serve in
with orange wedges.
With its vibrant red color and mint
garnish, this citrusy cocktail will liven up
any holiday table.
1/2 cup pomegranate juice
1 lime, cut into wedges
6 sprigs of mint
5 cups of ginger ale
Pomegranate seeds for garnish
• Place lime wedges and pomegranate juice in a tall glass and muddle gently until all the juice has been pressed out of the lime. Remove lime rinds.
• Add the mint leaves and muddle together with the juice. Transfer mixture to a pitcher.
• Add ginger ale and ice to the pitcher and stir carefully.
• Transfer beverage to cocktail glasses.
• Garnish each glass with pomegranate seeds. (Makes approximately 6 glasses.)
As you’re running from party to party this holiday season, don’t skimp on proper nutrition. For a healthy beverage on-the-go, grab THRIVE Blast Premium Antioxidant Beverage. A powerful blend of exotic fruits and super berries, THRIVE Blast isn’t just tasty: It’s designed to fight free radical damage, combat the impact of oxidative stress and promote cardiovascular health. Each serving comes in its own portable packet. Simply add it to a bottle of water, shake it up and you’re ready to roll.